Welcome to Bethany Outreach Center Erie PA
BETHANY OUTREACH CAN USE YOUR FINANCIAL HELP TO AID US THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR. YOUR CHECKS MADE OUT TO BETHANY OUTREACH ARE APPRECIATED
SEE HOW WE HELP OUR NEIGHBORS – COMPLIMENTS OF LILY BROADCASTING
Our Mission Statement
The Bethany Outreach Center is a volunteer driven Christian organization, rooted in Erie’s east side, reaching out to ALL people who need a hand up and hope for life change. Our broad based ministries address the material, vocational and spiritual needs for people on the edge.
Bethany Outreach, in The Neighborhood Partnership Center at 254 East Tenth Street, reaches out to those who have no hope and are living on the edge in downtown Erie which is in the area of highest poverty.
- Average income in our area is $10,484
- 92% of our homes have the possibility of lead poisoning
- Our unemployment is higher than the national average
- Our violent crime rate is double the national average
- Over 38% of the families are single mothers with children
- 1 of 3 families in the city is in poverty which includes 50% of our children
We need your continued support to keep the Bethany Mission moving forward in it’s Outreach to the needy and homeless.
Who Are We?
Bethany is the Hub Center for social service connections. We reach out to our neighborhood with open arms and are a family to those who are lonely, unloved and misunderstood. We do our best to empower our low income families through various enrichment classes so that they may find jobs and fulfillment.
Why Are We Different From Other Centers?
- Our operation is based entirely on one paid employee and 45 volunteers who get things done!
- We concentrate on the needs of our own neighborhood.
- We offer a clothes closet and our food pantry is different from others. We display the items available and our clients can choose what they need or want just as in a grocery store.
- We offer classes in sewing, computer, home budgeting, job readiness, money management.
- We are a “job site” for our sewing class, “Sew What?” Anyone is welcome to bring in mending or items for alterations. The program is is staffed by students who have completed the sewing class and volunteers. This gives students an opportunity for experience and future job placement.
- Our partnership extends to our neighborhood with, CareerLink, Opportunities Unlimited, Gaudenzia, The Department of Corrections, and various churches in the community.